codes file location in gyre

General discussion of all things GYRE-related (e.g., results, talks, ideas, tips)
anwesha

codes file location in gyre

Post by anwesha » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:18 pm

Hi,

Where are the code files located in gyre? I want to see the formula used for the work integrals (non-adiabatic, quasi-adiabatic). I am just learning how to do analytical calculations using raw data and would like to match the calculations with those outputted as data (Like using raw values to calculate dW/dx).
Thank you for any help.

Anwesha

rhtownsend
Site Admin

Re: codes file location in gyre

Post by rhtownsend » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:43 am

Hi Anwesha --

Code files in GYRE reside in the $GYRE_DIR/src subdirectory. For the definition of the differential work (and work integrals), take a look at $GYRE_DIR/src/mode/gyre_wave.fpp

cheers,

Rich

anwesha

Post by anwesha » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:40 am

Hi Rich,

thank you so much. I will look into them.

Anwesha

anwesha

Post by anwesha » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:27 pm

Hi Rich,

just another quick question, Do the underscore terms for 'c_thk' and 'c_thn' in the structure equation symbol list correspond to thick and thin optical depth respectively? If not, then what do they mean?
what should be a tau value for it to be considered as thick and what should be a tau value for it to be considered as thin according to gyre?
Thank you for all the help :)

Anwesha

rhtownsend
Site Admin

Post by rhtownsend » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:44 pm

anwesha wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:27 pm
Hi Rich,

just another quick question, Do the underscore terms for 'c_thk' and 'c_thn' in the structure equation symbol list correspond to thick and thin optical depth respectively? If not, then what do they mean?
what should be a tau value for it to be considered as thick and what should be a tau value for it to be considered as thin according to gyre?
Thank you for all the help :)

Anwesha
The subscripts thk and thn do mean optically 'thick' and 'thin', but I wouldn't read too much into these labels. The definitions for c_thk and c_thn are given at

https://gyre.readthedocs.io/en/stable/r ... efficients

cheers,

Rich