doesn't work when rotation larger than 0.5 cycle per day

Bug/problem reports for any of the GYRE executables (gyre_ad, gyre_nad, etc)
rhtownsend
Site Admin

Re: doesn't work when rotation larger than 0.5 cycle per day

Post by rhtownsend » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:34 am

gali8292 wrote: Hi Rich,

I tried. It should be 'freq_frame', not 'freq_min_frame' even in the last GYRE version 5.1 . Can you check it?

Cheers

Li
You're right -- apologies for the confusion!

Do your calculations now work OK? Looking through your inlist, you might want to consider uncommenting the parameters in the &grid namelist; otherwise, you may be under-resolving modes on the spatial grid.

cheers,

Rich

gali8292

Post by gali8292 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:11 pm

rhtownsend wrote:

I tried. It should be 'freq_frame', not 'freq_min_frame' even in the last GYRE version 5.1 . Can you check it?

Cheers

Li

Do your calculations now work OK? Looking through your inlist, you might want to consider uncommenting the parameters in the &grid namelist; otherwise, you may be under-resolving modes on the spatial grid.

cheers,

Rich
Hi Rich,

Many thanks. Do you mean these two parameters?
!alpha_osc=10 ! ensure at least 10 points per wavelength in propagation regions
!alpha_exp=2 ! ensure at least 2 points per scale length in evanescent regions

I encountered another problem. GYRE reports some different frequencies with same radial orders. Is it right?

Cheers

Li

rhtownsend
Site Admin

Post by rhtownsend » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 pm

gali8292 wrote:
rhtownsend wrote:

Cheers

Li

cheers,

Rich
Hi Rich,

I encountered another problem. GYRE reports some different frequencies with same radial orders. Is it right?

Cheers

Li
Yes, I mean those parameters. If you uncomment them, you may be able to fix the issue with different modes having the same radial order (since this issue typically arises when the mode eigenfunctions are not properly resolved on the spatial grid).

cheers,

Rich

gali8292

Post by gali8292 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:19 pm

rhtownsend wrote:
gali8292 wrote:
rhtownsend wrote:

cheers,

Rich
Hi Rich,

Cheers

Li
Yes, I mean those parameters. If you uncomment them, you may be able to fix the issue with different modes having the same radial order (since this issue typically arises when the mode eigenfunctions are not properly resolved on the spatial grid).

cheers,

Rich
Hi Rich,

Many thanks. It looks like all good now!

I still feel confused on frame transfer. Considering a frequency f in co-rotating frame, what will happen if f-m*rotation < 0? I mean, in real physics and in GYRE code?

Cheers

Li
Li