Compilation error

Bug/problem reports for any of the GYRE executables (gyre_ad, gyre_nad, etc)
ehsan

Compilation error

Post by ehsan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:56 am

Dear Rich,

I just tried installing GYRE 5.0, and I encountered a compilation error which I copy-paste below.
I have to mention that I use the MESASDK released on Feb 2015.
With an older (July 2014) sdk, and on a linux machine, I have exactly the same problem.

Best regards,
Ehsan.

For the current SDK:

Code: Select all

(mycond)cannon:gyre5.0 ehsan$ gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.9.3 20150202 (prerelease)
and for the error:

FC gyre_r_interp.f90
FC gyre_interp.f90
FC gyre_soln_seg.f90
gyre_soln_seg.f90: In function '__final_gyre_soln_seg_Soln_seg_t':
gyre_soln_seg.f90:220:0: internal compiler error: in gfc_conv_descriptor_data_get, at fortran/trans-array.c:145
 end module gyre_soln_seg
 ^

gyre_soln_seg.f90:220:0: internal compiler error: Abort trap: 6
gfortran.exec: internal compiler error: Abort trap: 6 (program f951)
/Users/ehsan/programs/software/mesasdk/bin/gfortran: line 11:  7342 Abort trap: 6           /Users/ehsan/programs/software/mesasdk/bin/gfortran.exec -ffpe-summary=none -isysroot / -I/Users/ehsan/programs/software/mesasdk/include -finit-real=snan -ffpe-trap=invalid\,overflow\,zero -fbacktrace -fmax-errors=25 -O2 -march=native -mno-avx -mno-bmi2 -fopenmp -c gyre_soln_seg.f90
make[2]: *** [gyre_soln_seg.o] Error 134
(mycond)cannon:gyre5.0 ehsan$ 

rhtownsend
Site Admin

Re: Compilation error

Post by rhtownsend » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:31 am

Hi Ehsan --

I think you need to upgrade to a more-recent SDK -- specifically, one which includes gfortran 5.3. Older versions of the compiler run into internal compiler errors (basically, a bug in the compiler).

cheers,

Rich

ehsan

Post by ehsan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:00 am

Thanks Rich for your pointer. I just updated my sdk to THE latest, and succeeded to compile GYRE 5.0. However, on my Linux machine, there are zillions of identical warnings on the terminal, which I basically ignored. Shall I worry about it?

Determining dependencies
Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\G{ <-- HERE \s*([a-zA-Z_]\w*)\s*}/ at /STER/ehsan/mesasdk/bin/fpx3 line 233.
I have to mention though that the installation on my Mac went very clean, and no such warnings popped up.

Regards,
Ehsan.
Last edited by ehsan on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

rhtownsend
Site Admin

Post by rhtownsend » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:15 am

Hi Ehsan --

This is in fact caused by some outdated Perl constructs in the fpx3 pre-processor which ships with the SDK. Nothing to worry about!

cheers,

Rich