Radial orders very high

Bug/problem reports for any of the GYRE executables (gyre_ad, gyre_nad, etc)
Benard

Radial orders very high

Post by Benard » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:39 am

Hello,

I am new to Gyre code. I am obtaining very high radial orders for my frequencies for some of my models. I kindly request for your help to figure what could be causing this. I also believe my frequencies may not be correct.

I have attached two models, the output files and the Gyre input file.

Thank you,

Cheers,
Benard
Attachments
files.tar.gz
(214.46 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
template.in
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

rhtownsend
Site Admin

Re: Radial orders very high

Post by rhtownsend » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Benard wrote:Hello,

I am new to Gyre code. I am obtaining very high radial orders for my frequencies for some of my models. I kindly request for your help to figure what could be causing this. I also believe my frequencies may not be correct.

I have attached two models, the output files and the Gyre input file.

Thank you,

Cheers,
Benard
Hi Benard --

I moved your post to the "Bug Reports" forum, since it doesn't fit well in "Feature Requests". However, the code appears to be working correctly. The reason why your radial orders are so high, is that you're searching in a frequency range which is the domain of high-order p modes.

To find lower-order modes, try reducing the frequency range. You could also try specifying the frequencies in units of the atmospheric acoustic cutoff. For instance:

Code: Select all

&scan
        grid_type = 'LINEAR'           ! Scan for modes using a uniform-in-frequency grid; best for p modes
        freq_units = 'ACOUSTIC_CUTOFF' ! Interpret freq_min and freq_max as fractions of the acoustic cutoff
        freq_min = 0.1                 ! Minimum frequency to scan from
        freq_max = 0.9                 ! Maximum frequency to scan to
        n_freq = 500                   ! Number of frequency points in scan
        tag_list = 'l=0'
/
I hope this helps!

cheers,

Rich