compiling 0.9.4

Bug/problem reports for any of the GYRE executables (gyre_ad, gyre_nad, etc)
ccameron

compiling 0.9.4

Post by ccameron » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi Rich,

I'm getting errors compiling the latest version. It looks like there may be some missing *.inc core files when i'm grabbing the latest stable version. Below is the output from
the make in gyre/ad.

Also, the TODO list is in the gyre directory on "stable" download again.

Chris

Determining dependencies
fpx3 error:file -, line 19
Cannot find core_parallel.inc in .:../../core:../common:../ivp:../bvp:../coeffs:../matrix.
$include 'core_parallel.inc'
context:fpx3_mac /Applications/mesasdk/bin/fpx3 1118 fpx3_std::__ANON__ 1 (?) (?) 256 UUUUUUUUUUUU^A (?)
Use of uninitialized value $1 in lc at /Applications/mesasdk/bin/fpx3_deps line 56.
Use of uninitialized value $1 in lc at /Applications/mesasdk/bin/fpx3_deps line 56.
Cannot find core_parallel.inc in .:../../core:../common:../ivp:../bvp:../coeffs:../matrix.
context:fpx3_mac /Applications/mesasdk/bin/fpx3 1118 fpx3_std::__ANON__ 1 (?) (?) 256 UUUUUUUUUUUU^A (?)
FC core_kinds.f90
FC core_memory.f90
make: *** [gyre_gridpar.f90] Error 1

rhtownsend
Site Admin

Re: compiling 0.9.4

Post by rhtownsend » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:29 pm

ccameron wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> I'm getting errors compiling the latest version. It looks like there may be some
> missing *.inc core files when i'm grabbing the latest stable version. Below is the
> output from
> the make in gyre/ad.
>
> Also, the TODO list is in the gyre directory on "stable" download again.
>

Well spotted!

> Chris
>
> Determining dependencies
> fpx3 error:file -, line 19
> Cannot find core_parallel.inc in .:../../core:../common:../ivp:../bvp:../coeffs:../matrix.
> $include 'core_parallel.inc'
> context:fpx3_mac /Applications/mesasdk/bin/fpx3 1118 fpx3_std::__ANON__ 1 (?) (?)
> 256 UUUUUUUUUUUU^A (?)
> Use of uninitialized value $1 in lc at /Applications/mesasdk/bin/fpx3_deps line 56.
> Use of uninitialized value $1 in lc at /Applications/mesasdk/bin/fpx3_deps line 56.
> Cannot find core_parallel.inc in .:../../core:../common:../ivp:../bvp:../coeffs:../matrix.
> context:fpx3_mac /Applications/mesasdk/bin/fpx3 1118 fpx3_std::__ANON__ 1 (?) (?)
> 256 UUUUUUUUUUUU^A (?)
> FC core_kinds.f90
> FC core_memory.f90
> 256 UUUUUUUUUUUU^A (?)
> make: *** [gyre_gridpar.f90] Error 1

Ah, I should have remember to remind y'all: you need to do an 'hg pull && hg up' in both the core and build top-level subdirs.

cheers,

Rich

PS Can I ask how you heard about GYRE? Are you working with one of the folks I 'leaked' its availability to, or did you just stumble upon it? (Either way is fine by me)

ccameron

Post by ccameron » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi Rich,

> Ah, I should have remember to remind y'all: you need to do an 'hg pull && hg up' in both the core and build top-level subdirs.

I'm still having the same problem even with a "clean" download and install.

I just updated to Xcode 4.6.2 so that may not be getting along with the latest mesasdk ...?

> PS Can I ask how you heard about GYRE? Are you working with one of the folks I 'leaked' its availability to, or did you just stumble upon it? (Either way is fine by me)

I was playing with writing my own code a while ago and I was digging around to see if anyone was trying out any new numerical methods. I saw that GYRE was going to be a publicly available at some point (from a AAS poster) and when I was updating to the most recent mesasdk I saw the new link.

rhtownsend
Site Admin

Post by rhtownsend » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 pm

ccameron wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> > Ah, I should have remember to remind y'all: you need to do an 'hg pull && hg up'
> in both the core and build top-level subdirs.
>
> I'm still having the same problem even with a "clean" download and install.
>
> I just updated to Xcode 4.6.2 so that may not be getting along with the latest mesasdk
> ...?

Ah, it seems I never pushed the changes to the core repo. Please do a pull and updata in core, and then try again.

>
> > PS Can I ask how you heard about GYRE? Are you working with one of the folks I
> 'leaked' its availability to, or did you just stumble upon it? (Either way is fine
> by me)
>
> I was playing with writing my own code a while ago and I was digging around to see
> if anyone was trying out any new numerical methods. I saw that GYRE was going to
> be a publicly available at some point (from a AAS poster) and when I was updating
> to the most recent mesasdk I saw the new link.

Strewth, I didn't realize anyone was reading AAS posters!

cheers,

Rich